Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kids say the darndest things!

WARNING: Yes, kids do say the darndenst things but sometimes they can be awkward without knowing it. So, I am warning you now….this might make you feel awkward, but if you choose to continue reading don’t say that I didn’t warn you!

This morning I went to babysit for this young cute mom who has three of the most adorable little boys. They are 4, 2 , and about 6 months. This mom wanted to go to the temple this morning with her friend who also had a one year old. So I was pretty busy keeping track of four very active children.


The little infant had just eaten right when I got there. A few hours later he was getting hungry again. I was holding him and trying to rock him in order to soothe his hunger pains anticipating the arrival for his mother to get back and feed him. As I was rocking him in my arms the baby turned his head looking for something to eat. I didn’t say anything and simply re-positioned him. The next seven minutes of my life went a little something like this:


Four year old boy: “He is hungry and you have boobs!”


Me: (Trying to compose myself and not laugh) “Um….yeah your right!”


Boy: “But your not a mom so you can’t feed him…(I could see the wheels turning in his head and the confused look on his face) as he REPEATEDLY kept saying, “But you have boobs!”


Me: Hmm…I thought to myself. . . . well, he is right. . . . but how do I respond? As the boy looks up at me for a response. “Yeah, we will just have to wait until your mom gets home so that she can feed him.”


Boy: “Yeah, do you have kids?”


Me: “No, I don’t”


Boy: “Why?”


Me: “Because I’m not married.”


Boy: “YOUR NOT! (With the most shocked and confused look on his face)


Me: “No I’m not.”


Boy: Oh. (After about 30 seconds of him staring me down in utter confusion, he turned his attention back to the movie that he had picked out to watch)



All I have to say is that I have been around a lot of children and have heard them say many different funny things, but have never been so caught off guard at how funny this conversation was with this four year old.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Last summer I watched my cousin's kids in France so they could go on a date and their almost one year old started starring at my chest as I was holding him and tugged at my shirt wanting me to share the "goods". Kids are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!! hahahaha! I am still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHHA!!!! I love it! Your blog is so funny! Kids really do say the funniest things! P.S. My students are ALWAYS commenting on my marital status, they think it is shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leah, I just love reading your blog. You make me laugh every time as usual. :D

    ReplyDelete