Monday, February 20, 2012

My weird sense of accomplishment in conjunction to dryer sheets.

Although I am supposed to be writing lesson plans for work that I am already behind on, I decided to procrastinate a bit more and blog.

I have this weird thing about me that I like to finish/use the last possible morsel of things. Now before you think "Well Leah, congratulations you are normal and that is not weird (or maybe you were already thinking that it is weird)" let me explain myself a little bit. I like using things up. For example, I enjoy using the last drop of lotion in a bottle. When it is all gone, I look at the empty bottle that I scraped out with my pinky and think to myself, "Wow I used all of that lotion. It only took me about a year and a half to use every drop that this bottle contains but I did it." And then I feel this weird sense of accomplishment. LOL :)

I also feel this way about chapstick. I must say I have only used a up about 4 whole tubes of chapstick in my life before I lose the tube. I can even remember what flavors of chapstick they were and when I experienced these 4 moments in my life because of my feelings of accomplishment. BUT there is obviously someone out there in the world that thinks the same as me (or at least on the same track) because of this pin on pinterest.

Anyway, I thought about my weird-ness today because of my dryer sheets. I'm pretty sure that I have had the same box of dryer sheets when my parents sent me off to college as a freshman back in fall of 2003. Before leaving the hoppin' town of Ephraim UT my parents took me shopping at wal-mart for all of my needs. I can remember feeling scared/excited to be independent and shopping for myself not really knowing what to buy. I'm pretty sure that this is the moment when my mom threw in the box of 160 dryer sheets into my shopping cart. *Side note, I was not one of those people who did not know how to do laundry when my parents sent me off to college because I'm pretty sure my mom taught me how to do my laundry when I was about 10 or 11 and I was responsible ever since for doing my own. Just like the old saying goes "Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" Well this is the same idea, "Teach your daughter how to do laundry, and she will never be naked." (Pretty sure I just made that up but one day it will become a famous proverb.)

So back to the point of my blog post. As I was doing laundry today I finished the box of dryer sheets! I felt so accomplished! Not to say that I have only done 160 loads of laundry since 2003 because I did not take this box of dryer sheets on my mission with me and 50% of the time I forget to put a dryer sheet in the dryer in the first place. AND when I was at Utah State I would for sure save up all my clothing and do my laundry whenever I would go home to visit my parents because I hated paying for coin-op laundry.

So that is most likely more than you wanted to know about me and my exciting life. And on that note, I do not feel accomplished by using up every morsel of the following things in fact, I hate buying more of the following items and would not mind if they never ran out: Toothpaste, contact solution, spices, and gum.

HA HA perhaps I need a little more excitement in my life because the whole post is about me being weird and about how accomplished I feel when I finish using something. Meh. . . oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment